Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

A New Pope

Call me anti-religious, please, because I am. I hate organized religion and am no fan of the Catholic church. Though that's not the reason I don't like the new pope. Here are the reasons:

1. His name is Benedict XVI. Who's named Benedict? How many Benedict's do you know? Other then Benedict Arnold, and he doesn't exactly have a very good reputation.

2. I just plain don't like Nazis.

3. He's a political hack who intervenes on the side of the pro-war, pro-death penalty candidate.

Well that's it, being a Nazi and such may be trivial reasons to not like a pope, but it's not like he's going to be pope for very long, considering he's near 80, I don't think it really matters all that much.

Oh, one more thing, he strongly opposes homosexuality, birth control, abortion, female ordination and marriage for priests. He has described other faiths as "deficient".

Like I said, I don't like him, not that it really matters. I don't care the least bit what the Catholic Church says.



<< Home